Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
March 9, 2012
Notes/Audio: Ryan alone in 1st with 266th win
- Wisconsin, which snapped a three-game tournament losing streak, earned its seventh semifinal berth and improved to 15-12 all-time in Big Ten Tournament play.
- The Badgers extended their winning streak over Indiana to 10 games, marking the second-longest active streak over a single opponent in the Big Ten.
- UW is 1-2 vs. Indiana, 2-4 as a No. 4 seed and 8-7 in the first game it plays in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Wisconsin tallied a school record for three-pointers in a Big Ten Tournament game and tied the all-time top mark by a Big Ten squad with 13. Minnesota (March 8, 2001), Illinois (March 8, 2002), Michigan (March 7, 1998) and Purdue (March 8, 2012) also hit 13 threes in a Big Ten Tournament contest.
- Rob Wilson, who more than doubled his previous career high of 13 points and scored in double figures for just the fourth time in his career, tied the seventh-most points scored in a Big Ten Tournament game with 30.
- Wilson's 30 points are the most by a UW player this season, edging Jordan Taylor's 28 vs. Michigan State on Jan. 3, and the highest in a Big Ten Tournament game by a Badger, surpassing Devin Harris' 29 vs. Illinois in 2004.
- Wilson tied the Big Ten Tournament record with seven three-pointers, equaling Penn State's Mike Walke (March 8, 2007) for the top spot.
- Wilson's 11 field goals were the most by a UW player and matched the fourth-most made all-time in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- After having nine lead changes in the first half, the Badgers, who moved to 19-1 when holding the halftime lead this season, never trailed in the after the break.
- Bo Ryan became Wisconsin's all-time wins leader with 266 career wins. Ryan had previously held the record with Harold "Bud" Foster.
- Indiana is 2-3 as the No. 5 seed, 4-7 in the quarterfinals, and 9-15 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- IU is 2-1 against Wisconsin in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The Hoosiers' six 3-point field-goal attempts ties a season low.
- Victor Oladipo dished out four assists to tie his career high.
- Christian Watford recorded his fifth double-double of the season with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
- Jordan Hulls' seven field-goals tied a season high.
- Watford has made 20 straight free throws, after making all five of his attempts on Friday.
Postgame Press Conference