October 2, 2007
Rod Blog: Tuesday of Syracuse Week
MORGANTOWN-Here is the Rod Blog from the coach's tape-delayed press conference of today. This is Day 3 of Syracuse week:
• Junior quarterback Pat White remains day-to-day. "He was in treatment this morning at 6:30, so I didn't see him at practice," said Rodriguez.
• As for if White will play in Saturday's noon game, "we'll decide at noon on Saturday," Rodriguez said. "If I decide before, you won't know until noon on Saturday. Nobody else will, either." Jarrett Brown will start if White can't go, with Adam Bednarik the likely backup, Rod said.
• Rod on the Syracuse upset at Louisville: "I don't know if it was because it was a conference game or what. You looked at the film, and they had a little extra bounce in their step. They were clearly ready to play, got after them for four quarters...in all three phases, their special teams, the offense, the defense."
• The Orange defensive line stands out to Rodriguez. "They play six or seven guys, big and physical, and no one really moves them off the ball. Washington had some big plays against them, Louisville in the passing game, Iowa had a couple, but they don't get moved off the ball a whole lot," he said. "They force you into run situations and crowd the box, and they'll get you down."
• On the WVU offensive line: "We've got to do a better job of [moving defensive linemen] than we did in the last game. Up until that point, we did pretty good up front, but the last game we didn't get a whole lot of movement."
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!