Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
December 11, 2008One of the real tests for scouts and NFL scouting departments across the nation is their ability to locate small-school talent and uncover possible hidden gems throughout the draft process.
Mike Lombardi, Andrew Brandt and Wes Bunting of the National Football Post rank this year's top non-FBS (i.e., Division I-A) prospects for the '09 draft.
1. RB Rashad Jennings (6-1/232), Liberty
2. DE/DT Chris Baker (6-2/308), Hampton
3. WR Ramses Barden (6-6/224), Cal Poly
4. QB Rhett Bomar (6-2/215), Sam Houston State
5. CB Domonique Johnson (6-2/190), Jackson State
6. C Cecil Newton (6-4/316), Tennessee State
7. QB Nathan Brown (6-1/215), Central Arkansas
8. TE Brian Mandeville (6-6/248), Northeastern
9. WR Jeremy Gilchrist (5-9/176), Hampton
10. T Joel Bell (6-7/312), Furman
11. QB Mike Reilly (6-3/214), Central Washington
12. G/T Cornelius Lewis (6-4/316), Tennessee State
13. TE Jared Bronson (6-4/255), Central Washington
14. RB Herb Donaldson (5-11/222), Western Illinois
15. DT Louis Ellis (6-2/312), Shaw (N.C.).
16. DT Sammie Lee Hill (6-4/328), Stillman (Ala.)
17. DE Lawrence Sidbury (6-3/265), Richmond
18. LB Jason Williams (6-1/236), Western Illinois
19. DT John Faletoese (6-2/295), UC Davis
20. S Dre'Mail Hardin (6-0/195), Stillman (Ala.)
NationalFootballPost.com is a football insider Web site featuring Andrew Brandt, the vice president of the Green Bay Packers for the past nine years, and Michael Lombardi, who has worked in NFL front offices for 22 years, including nine years with Cleveland and eight with Oakland.